What are Power Plugs with Harnesses For?
Motor Power Plugs with Harnesses are necessary when you want to test a motor outside of its air handler/furnace environment. Most ECM motors have special power input plugs, so bench testing can be downright challenging without access to these plugs. The Universal Zebra System provides a wide variety of these special connectors, with more to come.
Which Power Plugs with Harnesses Fit Which Motors?
We will be making new Motor Power Plugs with Harnesses on a regular basis to fit new ECM motors as they are introduced to the HVAC-R Industry. Current plugs are listed below. Click Future Additions to see what’s coming up soon, or to suggest a new Motor Power Plug with Harness, or to subscribe to e-mail notifications for new Adapter and Motor Power Plug releases.
Current Power Plugs with Harnesses: (Click a photo to enlarge)
• • • Motor Power Plug with Harness 1 (Part # UZPH1) This plug and harness fits the common GE/Regal-Beloit/GENTEQ Series 2.0, 2.3, 2.5 and 3.0 motors. It has a 5-pin motor plug (1 row of 5 pins). The motors can be either 120V or 240V, the plug/harness allows you to test any voltage motor with EITHER 120V or 240V on your bench.
• • • Motor Power Plug with Harness 2 (Part # UZPH2) This plug and harness fits all X-Motors, X-13 Motors, and the early Evergreen motors (Evergreen "AH" series). It appears to be a 5-position connector, but actually has one position blocked off.
• • • Motor Power Plug with Harness 3 (Part # UZPH3) This plug and harness fits the ECM 142 style motors found in higher SEER condensing units. They are typically used as multi-speed fan motors. These motors have special right-angled internal connections for the power leads.
• • • Motor Power Plug with Harness 4 (Part # UZPH4) This plug and harness fits the newest style of Evergreen motor, called the Evergreen "IM". It is a 4-position connector. Click here to download special instructions for troubleshooting this motor.
• • • Zebra Instruments makes a cordset called a Zebra'Dapter (Part # ZD001) that makes bench testing somewhat safer. It is a 6' cord, with a lighted plug (to tell you that voltage is present) and inline fuse protection (for safety). The connection end has three large alligator clips to connect to the harness wires. Click here for more information. Ask your Distributor for one.