Universal Zebra and Your Future Toolbox!
The future of the ECM motor looks bright! New companies and new ECM motors are being introduced often, and advances in engineering and energy-savings will propel yet more new motors for years to come. Zebra is committed to help make low-cost Adapters, Motor Power Plugs with Harnesses, and Accessories available for as many of those new motors as possible. You’ll find news and connections about upcoming introductions here.
The Near Future:
Adapters Currently in Engineering and Expected Within a Few Months:
• • • Adapter D (Part # UZHMD) This Adapter will fit the GE/Regal-Beloit Series 2.5 motors. These motors (no longer in production) were used exclusively in Carrier Infinity and Bryant Evolution series units.
• • • Adapter H (Part # UZHMH) This Adapter will fit ECM Draft Inducer motors made by GE/Regal-Beloit/GENTEQ. It has a 12-pin motor plug (2 rows of 6 pins).
• • • PWM Adapter (Part # UZPWM) This Adapter will fit PWM-controlled motors. PWM stands for Pulse-Width-Modulation, and is becoming a popular way to control ECM Motors from 1% to 100% of their rated speed. These motors are often found in VAV boxes.
• • • 0-to-10 VDC Adapter (Part # UZ010) This Adapter will fit ECM motors that are triggered by a smooth DC signal that can vary the motor’s speed from 1% to 100%. These ECM motors are also often found in VAV boxes.
Power Plugs Currently in Engineering and Expected Soon:
• • • Draft Inducer Fans (Part # to be determined) This Power Plug will fit ECM motors that are used on Draft Inducer fans on gas fuel furnaces. These fans allow airflow to be regulated to match the modulated gas fuel input to the chamber.
A Little Further Down the Road:
We’ve had requests for these ECMs and hope to make connections for them soon:
Panasonic Motor: an Adapter that will fit a 7-pin motor plug found on Panasonic motors.
What Did WE Miss?
Things are changing so quickly that we here at Zebra occasionally need to be informed about something new. Please tell us about new production-use motors installed in popular equipment that we don’t currently have available, and are not listed in the two categories above.
• • • Click HERE to send us information on such a motor, with our thanks.
What Will YOU Miss?
• • • Click HERE to sign-up for our e-mail list that will inform you as new Adapters, Motor Power Plugs with Harnesses, and Accessories are released for the Universal Zebra System.